4.21.2005

ER?

Though I barely know what I'm doing from day to day, the powers at be at Quillen are already asking me to consider where I want to go and what I want to do for October's week-long preceptorship (aka doctor shadowing). I think I've figured out the "what," Emergency Medicine because would expose me to a wide variety of scenarios, not to mention the fact that I secretly admire all those great actors that come on TV every Thursday night.
The "where," on the other hand, is another story. Anyone know of any Christian ER docs? Should I go hang out with some of you guys in a random city, should I go back home, or should I succumb to the persuasive powers of one of my classmates and spend the week in Miami?
(Note: By this time I should have a FF mile ticket so airfare isn't an issue).
Any suggestions besides going to Hollywood and hanging out with the TV "ER" docs? I have until Monday or a few days after to decide. Decisions, decisions.
Any help or ideas will be appreciated!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Read "Emergency Doctor" written in cooperation with the legendary Lewis Goldfrank at Bellevue/NYU. It's a great read and will get you addicted to emergency medicine. I'm sure it's at Barnes and Noble in Johnson City. If you have any questions, I'd suggest emailing Dr. Goldfrank himself. After reading his book, I sent him a note and he was gracious enough to respond at length. Classic guy. Good luck.