3.29.2005

23

If there's one thing I miss about Ktown, it's Monday night CSC Prayer Time. There's just something about sitting around with a few of your closest Christian friends and pouring your hearts out to God that works wonders for a dried-out soul. Though individual prayer is definitely a needed discipline and effective, I think sometimes we need that group prayer time. I have to say I've been feeling really dried-out lately. I don't know whether it is the class load, the lack of daily Christian fellowship and accountability I had in Ktown , or what but I could use a little of that group prayer time.
So...I decided to list out 23 *blessings* and requests in attempts to create a pseudo-prayer time. Nothing incredibly personal since the whole world can read this; just some things on my heart:

1. *That God gave us each today to live to serve Him*
2.*That He has given me means such as education, money, car, etc... and that He has provided me ways to use those to help others
3. *Morales family*
4.*A wonderful Christian family all over the world*
5. That I will make it through the next 2 months and 9 tests (especially the 1 next week)
6. My friend/classmate Jennifer who is participating in HTI's MET program in Guatemala this summer
7. That we will never mistake wealth for blessing and only use wealth to be a blessing to others
8. That the church here will find a Hispanic minister and continue to desire to reach out to the Hispanic community
9. *My wonderful parents*
10. All the missionaries in all parts of the world: for strength, encouragement, and opportunities
11. Lopez family who just moved to Venezuela to work as missionaries for 7 years
12. My mission trip to Guatemala this summer in July and the Los PiƱares del Norte church
13. That we never replace our love for Christ with a desire for his attributes such as love, patience, joy, etc...
14. That we are not content to be pew-warmers and social gathers but that we each yearn to fulfill our part in the "Great Commission"
15. Guidance with my future plans regarding med school and beyond
16. *A diverse and beautiful creation*
17. *A reason to celebrate Easter and the hope that gives us*
18. *Being at Quillen and my wonderful classmates and teachers*
19. That we won't let our fears and traditions stand in the way or be mistaken for truth and love
20. That God will raise up a campus ministry here at ETSU
21. *The campus ministries at places like UT and MTSU*
22. *All the teachers and mentors who have influenced my life*
23. That we wake up each morning and remember our purpose for being here

Just a few small requests. Prayer is a powerful thing (if you don't believe that then I can tell you some pretty amazing stories that would make even the most devout atheist a believer) and a wonderful gift. Have a blessed week!!!
"So keep'em coming these lines on the road
And keep me responsible be it a light or heavy load
And keep me guessing with these blessings in disguise
And I'll walk with grace my feet and faith my eyes."
-Caedmon's Call

No comments: