3.10.2005

Eureka!

I found it. It was in the basment piled up with the plethera of items my brother left at our house when he moved out: a Eureka! Tetragon Tent for three. While it is a bit too big and too heavy for backpacking, it will be perfect for my trip out West this summer (though friend's homes are also suitable habitations :o)). This was one of a few pleasant surprises discovered in the past 24 hours.
The other pleasant surprise is that Smyrna now has it's very on El Salvadoran restaurant specializing in one of my favorite Central American foods, pupusas. Who would have ever thought that Smyrna would get a hospital or a Starbucks, much less El Guanaco? Since I haven't convinced mom and dad to go to Central America yet, at least I can bring Central America to them in certain respects. Guess where mom and I will be eating when we go out to shop tonight? ;o)
Today was a great day at the clinic considering I didn't have to go in until 9am and got off at 1:30pm right after a lunch of Asian cuisine catered by the Clarinex drug reps (ask your doctor for Clarinex because they bring good food). The slip of paper in my fortune cookie read:

"You have natural grace and a great consideration for others."

I don't know if this is true or not but at least it wasn't something stupid like, "You will soon inherit a large sum of money."

The case load was pretty uneventful though I did get to help with a 6 month well child visit. Did I ever mention how cute little babies are? Why do they have to grow up, and why do they have to start crying as soon as I put the baby stethescope on their chest? Tomorrow I'll let you guys know how everything went this week because I have a lot I could type (or you could just call and I'll tell you over the phone). I hope you are all enjoying this lovely day wherever you are! Ciao!

1 comment:

Michele G said...

Let me just tell you, the pupusas were awesome. If you happen to drive through Smyrna, TN stop at El Guanaco!