3.23.2005

Picture This!!

If a picture is worth a 1000 words, then I've already got 2000 for this blog. I finally developed my film and uploaded some pictures. You'll find them interspersed throughout previous blogs like "Reflections on this Week" and "A Saturday in Sneedville" Below are two of my favorite pictures from this roll. The first was taken with some MET friends (Jason, Rosser, and Holly) at the Dallas Medical Missions Seminar in January. If you ever get a chance, I highly recommend going and also attending the smaller version right here in Johnson City in September. The second picture is of two precious Guatemalan blessings that entered my life about a month ago along with their mom, dad, and siblings. Their names are Emilio and Delmar. A supposed "quick" visit to see how they were doing last Friday turned into a shopping trip to Walmart when I found out they didn't have any food for that night nor the next week. On the way to WallyWorld, Delmar told me it was his birthday last week; however, due to lack of funds, he didn't get to celebrate. I think it's a travesty to not celebrate your birthday so we went all out with a $6 Walmart cake,decaf Pepsi, and some Little Cesar's pizza. You should have seen the look on little Emilio's face (and Delmar's too!) when we brought the cake home.


Meeting up with MET friends


Happy Birthday to You (and me)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Hottie! Woo-hoo!

Nice pictures. Happy birthday.

Michele G said...

Before I forget, whoever it was who wanted to know who sings "No Soy Religioso" it's Charlie Hernandez on a CD called "Grandes Adoradores"
Also, praise God for insignificant MRI results, no herniated discs, pinched nerves etc... Looks like it's just some microfiber tears in the muscle that will just have to be worked out over time.