2.13.2005

Echame

This weekend was a much-needed respite from the monotonous life of studying. I spent a day in Knoxville to hang out with old friends and pretend that I was a carefree undergrad. Like Paul to the Philippians is how I feel toward the Ktown crew and there's just something about communicating in person that trumps the efficiency of electronic devices. It was refreshing to see everyone again and to talk about something besides cardiac output and the lymphoid cells of the spleen.
Of course no trip to Knoxville is complete without a visit to Moes (even though we have its rival Barberitos here in Johnson City) and a random trip to Wally World. Those completed, a few of us decided to splurge and go see "Hitch". I recommend it despite the few words here and there; it's an admirable attempt to explain the innate differences that define men and women and the interplay that follows as a result.
Back in JC, tonight's Spanish service went rather well despite my feeble attempts at simultaneous translation. Amado and Erlinda and co. are coming back Sunday morning and were overjoyed to be able to worship with fellow Christians again. Afterwards, Josh and Chara and I visited with the family where my poor translation turned Josh's statement of "I like to play checkers" into "I like a game of ladies." It's going to be a rough two weeks as I try to find study time while engaging in this new ministry. Sometimes I feel like the Bible verse about being poured out like a drink offering, but I suppose that's what we're here for, for God to pour out every drop of our talents such that we realize our strength comes from Him and not ourselves. For those of you reading this, I hope you're all doing well. Don't expect me to be lurking on your blogs too much in the coming weeks, my head will be buried in the books until Spring Break. Take care and may God bless you to be a blessing to someone else!

1 comment:

Justin said...

Cool. All guys like to play a game of ladies every now and then. Unfortunately, I think Joey's mistranslation of loving the beach that turned into loveing some guy in a romantic way has you beat.

Good luck with your studying and see ya in a few weeks.