12.08.2004

*Randomness*

So I lied a little and said I wasn't going to post. I'm sitting here in the computer lab at Stanton Gerber taking a study break. I guess it's a sign that you should go home and go to sleep after you walk out of the little X-Ray/MRI room in lab to find that there's no one there but you, the cadavers, and the freshly-cut cross sections. It freaked me out a little.
Christmas: so I decided to have a little shindig for my Rural Track friends this coming Saturday. It's really just an excuse for me to play Martha Stewart and go shopping for things to decorate my apartment with for Christmas. Let's just say I'm not allowed to go to Kmart by myself anymore. After an hour of purusing the aisles (I don't think I spelled puruse right), I left with half a hundred dollars worth of stuff (grant it, some of that was groceries). I personally don't have too much of a problem with Christmas as long as it's not stressful and people aren't fighting over materialistic things. I kinda like the holiday because it's an excuse for everyone to come together. People fly in from all over the country just to be around each other for this special day. I like seeing people I know; therefore, I like Christmas.
Quillen: I love Quillen. It's been a rough semester but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love the people here; everyone from the dean to the janitors all chip in to do their part. My classmates are wonderful; I don't know how I would have gotten by without them. Downside? Going to med school and moving to the middle of nowhere gives you the feeling that you've discombobulated yourself from your former life. You don't have time to visit your old friends and no one wants to come to the middle of hickville Tennessee (no offense NE Tennesseans) to visit you.
Cycling: My new hobby. It must be cool b/c Dr.Kwas the head honcho of Anatomy joins me regularly for cycling class.
Don't ever go on Saturday.
1. The guy who teaches it is a masochist and the whole class consists of sprints or a 7 minute "climb" up the steepest hill you've ever ridden.
2. He works out to weird music. I'm sorry but Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, 80's pop, and Indian chant music do not mix well for a spinning class.
11:30pm: Yeah, I think I'd better go study some more.

Feel free to comment away. Procrastination is a beautiful thing as long as you've already done your required studying.

"Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got til it's gone. They paved paradise and put up a parking lot." -some 60's hippie chick and Counting Crows

1 comment:

crittermer said...

Now Michele, Your friends love you and they certainly have nothing against northeast Tennessee--it's just that most of them are in grad school in Knoxville and have about as much free time as Michele does. (Yes, all post-grad programs, no matter what the discipline, have a way of sucking the life out of their students, it seems.) Have a great weekend and go keep tushie on those exams this week!