10.26.2004

Words of Wisdom

Whew! Another week has gone by. They sure know how to keep us busy here. My morning started at 7am with breakfast with the Dean (a group meeting, I'm not that special) and is just now ending at 10pm though it may be later seeing as I still need to study some more. I can't believe it's already October and 1/16 of my time in med. school has already passed. I've learned alot over the past few months including a wide vocabulary of useful and sometimes amusing words. I'll share with you 10 of my favorite new additions (you can go look them up) either amusing for the complexity used to describe something simple or the amusing sound as it rolls off the tongue. In no particular order:

Right decubitus
Micrognathia
Gubernaculum
Salpingo pharyngeus
Raschischisis
Ataxia Telangiectasia
Nuchal
Anastomosis
Sternocleidomastoid
Sphygmomanometer

Consider yourself a more informed and educated individual. Long day tomorrow so I'd better get some shut-eye. I'll leave you with this encouraging verse that we read last night at medical school girls' Bible study last night:

Isaiah 48:17

T-3 days 'til Cadaver Ball!

No comments: