10.30.2004

"I Wanna Dance with Somebody"

Cadaver Ball 2004 at Quillen is officially history and was a great success. I must admit, I didn't know med. students could lighten up so much and have fun. Candace, Loan, and I met up with some of the boys at Cheddar's for some food before the festivities began. Service was slow and we almost didn't make it in time to see the skits the M2s performed. Following Seth and Heather, I think I only broke 5 traffic rules trying to get there, but we made it right on time.
It was great to see everyone all dressed and dolled up, away from the usual scrubs/T-shirt/jeans look. The skits were absolutely hilarious. I'd recount some of the more humorous moments like the impression of Dr.Linville's idea of physical exam, a typical Dr.Rary lecture, etc., but I'm afraid the humor would be lost on those non-Quillen students. Let's just say the M2's gave us a hard act to follow.
The night was spent on the dance floor (not with "Frank" as you might think by the title but with some other worthy boys ;o)), trying to get my shelter shy classmate to strut her stuff, and just generally socializing and having a good time not talking about HBGB and what's in the lower region of the body. All in all, it was a foot-stomping, belly-shaking (from laughter), jolly good time (hmm, kinda sounds like a hoe-down).
Tomorrow, it's back to the T-shirt and scrubs and studying Anatomy. At least a girl can have her fun being "Cinderella" every once in awhile. Only 3 months til "Back to Books".

Pictures to come soon.

PS: To all of you who seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth, leave me a comment to let me know how you're doing and to let me know I haven't totally lost contact with everyone who doesn't have an "MD" after their name. Nite!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you ended up having a good time, Michele! I still think it is funny that they call it a cadaver ball! Love ya, ~~Nicoll

Anonymous said...

Hey Michele, you can add me to your list of non-MDs. Things are going pretty well for me down here at Florida State. I'm staying quite busy, but that's my status quo. Someday, I'll start a blog - I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Anyway, it sounds like you're having a great time in med school. Talk to you later.

Dave Wells