9.02.2004

God's Little Surprises

I love it how God puts little pieces and fibers from different people's lives together to form a thread of opportunity. My phone doesn't get reception inside of Stanton-Gerber and I was literally about 10 feet from the door when it rang. No one ever calls me so I was kinda excited and wondering who in the world would be calling me at 10am. To make a long story short, it was the preacher from the Pigeon Forge Church of Christ telling me that there was a lady who just moved there from Honduras and who doesn't speak English. He was looking for a translator and it just so happens that I'm headed to that part of TN this weekend and just so happens that I've been to Honduras and there's a 90% chance that either I've been to the church she's from or I know someone that goes there. So...I'll be going there Sunday morning to translate the service and Bible study class for her. So it'd be more fun to go to church at Laurel and eat potluck lunch afterwards, but you can't turn down an opportunity that God has placed in front of you like that. That's what I think alot of Christians miss out on. We wonder why God isn't working in big ways in our lives, but we fail to acknowledge and act upon all the little opportunities he places before us.
On the bright side, I did pass my Anatomy test and can now focus on learning about the Head and Neck which starts tomorrow. It's going to be really weird in lab. Before, I've been able to distance myself somewhat and tell myself it's not really a person. I think it's going to be pretty hard to do that tomorrow when "He" is staring me in the face, that intricate God-created being.


So the thought for the day? Look for those little "random" moments God places before you, those times when the Spirit moves within you, urging you to step out on that limb and do something you think might be illogical, irrational, but something totally satisfying for you know that it's God's Will. That's what life is all about: savoring those God-given opportunites to serve Him according to His purpose.

No comments: