8.23.2004

Random Post Test Thoughts

I made it through my second test-ok my first HDBG test which stands for an conglomeration of random facts, pathways, and embryology all crammed into one course whose notes already fill a 1.5" binder.
This has definitely been a week of answered prayers (I know it's only Monday). It started last night with a trip to the migrant workers' camp where they have a free bi-weekly clinic. It was refreshing to be immersed in the Latin culture again but strange to work in a non-Christian pro-bono clinic. I mean what's the point of preserving a body if you do nothing to help preserve the soul?
While some of my peers were out celebrating a night free of studying hanging out at the bar, I decided to go see what the med. students girls' Bible study was all about, another blessing. I think sometimes we don't realize how much we need daily spiritual strengthening. Ultimately that comes from constantly making an effort to be in God's presence but at the same time, our brothers and sisters in Christ are there to edify and encourage us. What a wonderful feeling it was to sit and pray with my sisters in Christ. I am learning that calling yourself Christian isn't so much about religion, a Sunday social club ritual that gives you another label to wear. Rather, it is about a constant walk in God's footsteps along the path He has laid out for you, realizing that He is the one that directs your steps to the ultimate destination and realizing that it is a matter of blinidly trusting Him in all situations to continue to lead you.

No comments: