8.13.2004

A is for Anatomy

My version of playing Ultimate Frisbee with all the other MSs (UF Pros): Run alot, act like you know what you're doing, and pray that no one actually throws you the frisbee.
I can't believe I just finished my second week of med school. It flew by and was a lot better than last week. We all got the "big test" over with in Anatomy on Wednesday and everything went really well for me. Too bad it only counts 5% of the total grade. I'm really enjoying that class, even lab. Yeah, I know I'm a nerd. I think I'm more worried about BioStats than anything right now. Did I ever mention how much I don't like math? I just keep telling myself, "three more weeks of it and then I get to do cool stuff in Rogersville with Rural Track."
I think my apartment is going to smell like garlic bread sticks for awhile. While studying Monday night, some of us were complaining about how we don't like to eat by ourselves. The result of that conversation led to a wonderful concoction of baked ziti, bread sticks, glazed carrots, and peach cobbler at my apartment last night. We didn't get as much studying done as we had hoped, but we ate well. Plus, I got to show off my humble abode, very impressive. Actually, with all the interest group meetings, I think I can manage to cut my food budget in half; that or I'm going to have to start working out twice as much.
I really like my class and we're all starting to click now that we realize that we're not going to fail out of med. school and that we can do the work. The one thing I do miss is all my Christian friends. I guess I've been spoiled the past few years with always being surrounded by good Christian examples. Though I've made friends at church here, they don't go to class with me everyday. I guess this will be a test of faith over the next few years since many opportunities to compromise my values and to let my faith become stagnant exist.
Looks like tomorrow will be filled with studying and conquering HDBG. Sunday I'm taking a break after church and going hiking somewhere (yeah I've already convinced a few of the M1s to come with me on my random adventures in the woods). I think the Olympics are on now. Maybe I can watch them, assuming they're on one of the four channels I have (why get cable when I'm never home to watch it?). Ahh. the life of a med. student; I'm looking foward to sleep tonight and no 8am classes tomorrow.

No comments: