8.19.2007

Praise

So I was originally going to title this post "Ponderings and the Pentateuch" but I've been reflecting on too many praise-worthy things lately so I just thought I'd share a few:

1. A new cast...which meant my old one was too loose because most of the swelling has disappeared (as long as its elevated). Recovery is going well. I didn't realize how much I needed this "mandatory down time," and how wonderful it's been to sleep in past 9am without feeling guilty about the precious hours of studying missed. I can't remember the last time I've slept in for so many days and so many hours and I definitely have no feelings of guilt for doing so.

2.Catching up on reading. Between being on crutches or a Roll-About (which is an ingenious invention that attracts as many stares and comments as taking a puppy or a baby to a park) and my hometown trying to vie with the Sahara desert for the title of "driest and hottest place to live," I haven't had the opportunity to do much more than read and watch movies. You've probably already noticed my recent reviews and reads.

3.Farmer's Market. Hands down there's nothing better than a freshly picked heirloom tomato sliced and eaten or some summer squash sauteed with onion, peppers, herbs, and placed on a piece of locally-made sourdough bread topped with melted Montery Jack cheese. Dee-lish. And if you attend a market in East Tennessee, you may just be pleasantly surprised by the sound of some local bluegrass music (no the musicians are not for sale).

4.U-Pick. If you're ever in Flag Pond, Tennessee around this time of year, stop by the Heavenly Holler Farm and pick some blackberries. The taste? Just heavenly of course.

5.Abel. He and his parents finally were able to return to East Tennessee!!!www.caringbridge.org/visit/abeltyson

6.It's almost Missions Seminar Time! September 14-16th. Mark your calendars.

7.A wonderful new temporary residence. Forget staying in my upstairs apartment, I have a room/house with a view, a pool, and an excellent environment to catch up on my reading and thinking about how I should probably start studying for my upcoming classes. Yay for those who practice hospitality :o)


"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:8

No comments: