8.09.2007

More HodgePodge

So it's POD 15 though I feel like it should be POD 35. I'm learning alot (such as it's not a good idea to go outside in 100+ degree weather with a cast on...it's not a good idea to go outside in 100+ weather period), healing alot (or so I hope), and catching up on all the hours of sleep I lost the first 3 years of medical school and all the hours of sleep my friends lost the first 3 years, and all the hours we'll lose intern year, etc..

I have no great epiphanies or pearls of wisdom to offer you. I do have new respect for those patients in the VA wound care clinic who patiently let the neophyte surgery student (me) remove their stitches and staples sans much experience.

I have a new respect for caregivers. I'll readily admit that patience and dependence are not two of my natural gifts; rather, I seem to posess an abundance of the opposite qualities. You could say they are my Achilles heal, or peroneal tendon in my case. It's been a struggle the past few weeks letting people do for me and help me, accepting help, even non-perfect help, slow help, not-quite-what-I-was-expecting help. I'm learning...slowly.

So three more weeks in a cast, two more in a boot, and finally (hopefully) I'll be able to use two feet again. I'm almost there.

Just read: Exodus
Currently reading: The Status Syndrome (recommended) by somebody Marmot, Real Food by Nina Planck
Plan to read: All my public health books (in a few weeks, or at least look past the front cover)

(ok so all of the above are recommended)

1 comment:

SB said...

hi there! was just blog hopping through, thought id say hello toa fellow believer!!
:D