7.29.2005

On the Road Again

Tomorrow I hit road again-this time to drive to Johnson City for school. It has been a crazy and wonderful summer, but it's time to get back to work. Kinda weird to think that less than a week ago I was in some mountain village where the majority of the people couldn't read, and in less than a week I'll be in a classroom full of well-read intellectuals.
I heard a great piece of advice the other day: Though the harvest may be full and white and the workers few, you can't harvest with a dull sickle. My sickle needs sharpening which means I will be focusing most of my energy in the ministry of the study of medicine, working with the new Hispanic ministry at Central, and wherever else God leads me. As a result, my blog posting and subsequent blog reading will greatly diminish (not that I'm sure that more than 1-2 of you actually read this.) My phone is always available (don't worry about my minutes) and I do return emails on a more regular basis so feel free to contact me "sin pena."

I hope you all have a great rest of the summer and think about your friend hitting the books this week :o) !

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:19

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi michele, we only got together a few times but it was great and i am off to college for round two of volstate and dad and joey went to church while you were gone. Things are changing hope your trip was good. talk to you on the phone occasionally and see you at christams.

your cousin
jim

Michele G said...

Hey Jim,

It was good to see you too and glad to see you're continuing the college path.

FYI for those of you who were interested, the mission report (with pics) is now done.

Justin said...

It was good to see you when you dropped into Knoxville for lunch on the way to JC. I don't really have much anything else to say but I'll comment anyways (since some people translate comments into the number of people reading their blog).

Oh yeah, Good luck in your M2 year.