5.16.2005

Another Long Week

The first week of medical school had to have been the longest week of my life. I think this week is going to come in a close second. I only have one more week left of my first year of medical school and two more exams, yet it feels like an eternity until Monday comes. Only one week until I am released from this concentration camp of academia and medical minutia.
Was it really just nine months ago when I donned that white coat and entered the swollen womb of a dream deferred?

Only one more week until I earn my freedom of a few months of vacation spent with those who've been there for me: a trip out West with the parents, a roadtrip with Cammie, and three weeks in Central America with my dear friends who always seem to send me an encouraging emails just when I feel like I'm about to slip off the cliff into the abyss of failure.
One more week. Two more tests. Hours of studying. Numbed mind. I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. Almost.

No comments: