8.18.2005

Que Locura!

What a crazy week it has been!!!

I guess I should start from the beginning: Saturday.
Some of us from Central decided to drive up to Damascus (Virginia) to bike part of the Creeper Trail. I was hesitant about going seeing as how I had my first Immunology exam coming up, but the ride was a welcome stress relief and a nice serendipitous moment in the form of encountering some friends from Ktown on the trail. Just as it's hard to tell what lies around the next bend of the Creeper Trail, it's hard to tell what the next bend in life holds. Little did I know that 8 hours of my planned study day would be spent in the JCMC ER. Thanks to the nice bug I caught in Guatemala, I became dehydrated. A trip next door to the hospital, several tests, a liter of saline solution, and 8 hours and I don't want to know how many dollars later, they concluded that the only conclusion they could make was that my intestines are healing.
Thanks to the wonderful faculty at Quillen, I was able to take my test a little later than expected, and everything's going well now (except for a "slight" bruise on my arm that looks like someone slugged me with a hammer :o) and a stomach that still hasn't forgiven me). Asi es la vida.
School is going well so far, and I ask for your prayers for all the exciting work that is happening here in Johnson City. Classes are difficult but quite interesting. I am constantly amazed at the structure and design with which God crafted us, and I refuse to believe the foolish statement that one of my neuroanatomy teachers stated,"Though this points to intelligent design, don't let them fool you into believing that stuff." Though I may not like studying, every day I have to praise God for his care, craftsmanship, and the wonderful blessing it is to have the opportunity to study such a creation as man.
I have been just as amazed as I have watched His word come to life with the new Hispanic ministry at church. It is wonderful to see the zeal of the new Hispanic preacher and to watch people hear the "buenas nuevas" for the first time. The Hispanic women's Bible study should be starting in a few weeks and I'm excited to see God at work in those women's lives. It's a blessing to use such a blessing as another language to minister to others and to know that God's love and Word surpass any perceived barriers of language and culture.
It's time to go learn some more gyri and sulci of our noggins. Have a great week and God bless!!

2 comments:

kentbrantly said...

Michele,
Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm not worried about spending too much time with Mr. Netter. I'm more concerned about not getting to know him well enough. So far he and I seem to get along ok, but we haven't really spent much time together.
I'm sorry to hear that your friendly Chapin tenant hasn't been so friendly, but I admire the attitude with which you continue to be so hospitable. I also want to say thank you for the encouragement that your life is to me. Really, I'm not sure if "encouragement" is the right word. I guess really when I read your words I'm not so much encouraged as I am challenged and/or convicted. Anyway, may the Lord grant you the perseverance to continue convicting those of us who need it by the way you seek after Him.
Sorry this comment is so long.
kpb <><

Michele G said...

Gracias Kent. Es un placer.