6.02.2005

Blog on a Break

Last night was one of those deja vu moments. As we boarded the bus in the rain to traverse the city on our prayer campaign, I was sharply reminded of Tuesday nights in Honduras. You see, most Tuesday nights some of the Baxter students and myself would meet at the clinic to catch the church bus in the rain (it always rains at night in Honduras) to go to church. There we would spend the hour in small prayer groups praying for whatever was on our hearts or sharing how God answered our prayers the week before. It was a fond recollection as the church in Smyrna rode the bus(es) together last night and gathered in prayer.
Due to the overwhelming demands I have made on my blog, it has decided that it needs a vacation. Besides, I don't think that towns with populations of less than 300 people nor the vast wilderness of the national parks provide ready access to the internet. Therefore, it is unlikely that you'll be hearing from me for the next week or so. However, I will have my cell phone with me should it work or you can try to reach me by homing pigeon (I hear they find Old Faithful quite delightful.)
Trite as it may seem, I ask for your prayers for our safety and that everything goes smoothly the next week. I hope you all have a wonderful week wherever you may be!!!

No comments: