4.03.2009

Almost Almost Almost

Langston Hughes once pondered what happened to a dream deferred. My dream, deferred for almost 5 years, is about to come true. On May 8, 2009, although you may never even call me by my name (which is not David Allen Coe), you can officially call me "doctor."

Sounds kinda funny:
Dr. Michele, Dr. Gourley, Dr. Michele Gourley, Michele M.D., Michele Gourley, M.D., Doctora Michele.....

Wow. The possibilities are endless. Nevermind the fact that I've sold my soul and unborn child to the loan company or that part of my job duties include waking up at 2am after going to bed at midnight or that female physicians are 3-4 times more likely to commit suicide and that doctors have one of the highest rates of divorce of any profession.

You can call me "Doctor."

Hehe.... This could be fun.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Woo-hoo!

Unknown said...

Congrats Michelle! Best of luck mortgaging back your first-born. =)