1.18.2005

Another Outdoor Adventure by Yours Truly

Laurel Falls in Hampton, TN


I was really bored in my "baby" Biochem class today so I decided to creatively phrase some of the events of MLK, Jr. Day. For a more to-the-point version and more pictures, check out Justin's Blog. Here's my latest creative endeavor:

A Journey to Laurel Falls

There was a man named MLK
Who preached and taught the rule
Enough so they gave him a holiday
So Michele would not have school.

In honor of having some time free
Her friends came from Ktown to hike
Too bad the temp was 20 degrees
And the roadway solid ice.

Not wanting to disappoint
Her faithful, loyal friends
She agree to journey to the falls
Until they reached trail's end.

With faces cold and fingers numb
They started down the trail
Despite the frigid temperature
They knew all would be well.

A mile or more of walking
Some climbing down rock stairs
Led Michele and co. to their goal:
Laurel Falls, a sight so fair.

They spent some time by God's design
Eating lunch (PB & J)
A few hundred steps brought them back to the top
And sent them on their way.

Michele was so happy her friends had come
To see her and her humble abode
That she had to pay them homage
In a writing style other than prose.


Alicia and I "freeze" for a photo



1 comment:

Justin said...

The other pictures can be found at http://www.imaging.utk.edu/~acuffj/gallery/laurel_falls_hampton_05.

You should see the GPS data from the climb down to the falls. I'll put in on my blog when I get it into a more friendly representation.