2.12.2009

Picking and Grinning

So Santa gave me a mandolin for Christmas. I think it was as great of an idea as giving me a toy drumset for my 3rd birthday. Needless to say, I'm adding yet another instrument to my arsenal of noise-making objects only this one would definitely be a more feasible option should I ever decide to follow through with previous plans to become a street musician (though I once saw a guy in Asheville playing drumset on the street...though I'm never surprised by anything I see in Asheville...it's Asheville).

Maybe I'll post some of my very rudimentary yet entertaining attempts at playing it on this website. Maybe I should join a different church so I would have an outlet for my new found hobby (or perhaps visit a nursing home...it would fall on deaf ears anyways, right?)

Maybe I should stick to singing in the shower and to learning how to be a doctor. We'll see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! I've always wanted to play the banjo. And Margaret Bryson is learning to play the fiddle. We could have a band!

Michele G said...

Sounds like a plan! Just don't tell the preacher! (j/k!) ;o)

Anonymous said...

Mandolin and keyboard perc. make you a perfect candidate for a klezmer band.