3.01.2006

Books and Shoes

I've given up. I've decided that it is mentally impossible to cram 130 drugs, mechanisms, uses, and side effects into my head before 8am Friday morning. I should have started studying earlier, but somehow 5 other tests, ACLS training, and the Olympics (how evil to put such an event during the middle of my exams) kept me from meeting my desired learning objectives.

That being said, does anyone have any reading recommendations? In the very near future, I'm actually going to have free time (does that phrase still exist?) and lots of it. Not wanting to lose such a valued skill, especially when accompanied by palm trees and ocean waves (seriously), I'd like some recommendations. I'm already taking one of Paulo Cuelho's novels and Rigoberta Menchu's autobiography with me.

On another note, if anyone is looking for new Chaco's, REI has a very appealing offer at their online outlet store. I've had mine for three years now and call them my second feet. Hands down the best pair of shoes/sandals I've ever bought and worth the investment, this statement coming from someone for whom it's impossible to find a well-fitting shoe.

Anyways, back to cramming drugs in my head...

2 comments:

Justin said...

Did Jon even read your post? He's actually organizing a book discussion group. The first book will be Mere Discipleship by Lee Camp. You could also read The Chronicles of Narnia books.

Have you tried on a pair of Keens? I saw REI had a good deal on the Keen Boulder.

Michele G said...

Wow. People actually frequently read this thing. I'm glad some people has so much free time to daily check my blog. I usually don't.
I don't have that much free time that I can join a book discussion group, and I read the Chronicles over Christmas break. No I haven't tried Keens. Why would I buy them when I could have Chacos? (though who said I was buying anything..I'm on a med. school budget :-P)

One more more day of insanity....